The underlying principal of the Network is that collaboration and co-operation promotes better science and that such collaboration should be beneficial to all the parties.
The Network's aim is to encourage and facilitate taxonomic/biodiversity research and training in order that:
- taxonomic/scientific capacity is increased
- wildife conservation initiatives can be better targeted and more effective.
The Network wishes to:
- promote individual contacts among scholars and students, and all those with an interest in taxonomy/biodiversity
- promote links in teaching, research, and cultural activities
- provide opportunities for staff and student exchanges
- develop and encourage joint research, publications, seminars, conferences, workshops and to assist in obtaining external funding from outside sources
- develop joint study programmes
- support the exchange of academic materials.